The Office of Administrative Law has approved the DWC regulations related to the medical-legal evaluation program. Of importance are the following provisions:
- The time frame to schedule a med-legal evaluation is extended by 30 days
- The time frame for scheduling is for both initial and subsequent evaluations
- Allows the parties to agree that an initial evaluation can occur at any office listed with the Medical Director
- Allows a QME or AME to reschedule an evaluation within 60 days of the date of cancellation unless the parties agree to additional time
- Allows for remote health Med-Legal evaluations under certain circumstances
- Provides a definition of remote health evaluations and identification of the office location when a remote evaluation is conducted.
It is also noted that the amendments to section 34 regarding electronic service have been withdrawn. The DWC plans to initiate an additional 15-day comment period.